Michael is a versatile achievement-driven and seasoned professional with over 34 years of experience in the construction industry, which includes 12 years in the Middle East.
He is responsible for North's Tasmanian business operations across the full spectrum of services and sectors. He has particular expertise in the set up and project management of high risk high-value complex projects with a track record for delivering some of the world’s most technically challenging nation-building projects over his international career where he managed the construction and business delivery of $11.5B in executed projects.
Michael is focused on conducting business in a compliant and ethical way considering our impacts − economically, socially, environmentally and with respect to traditional landowners and human rights.
- Establishment of program management office – governance and controls
- Program and project management of large teams of program-wide technical specialists- masterplanning, design, engineering, cost, value engineering and sustainability – all disciplines and deliverables
- Obtaining best value and program certainty through all procurement routes and processes for consultants and contractors– ECI, D&B, Traditional
- Manage all stakeholders and stages of a project – master planning, design and permitting, works execution and handover
- UTAS Southern Future Plan | $600-900m | 2020 – ongoing | University of Tasmania
- The Hutchins School Masterplan | $50m | 2020 - ongoing | The Hutchins School, Hobart
- Midland Highway Upgrades | $60m | 2021 - ongoing | Department of State Growth Tasmania
Diriyah Gate, KSA | $17 Bn | 2018-2019 | Diriyah Gate Development Authority | PMO Director
- Expo 2020 Village, Dubai, UAE | USD $600m Stage 1 | 2017-20 | Dubai World Trade Central | Project Director
- Intercontinental Hotel and Anantara Resort, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE | $240m | 2016-18 | RAK Properties | PM Director
- Al Wakrah FIFA 2022 World Cup Stadium, Qatar | USD$1 Bn | 2016-17 | Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy | Project Director
- Queensland Government | $110m | 1998-2002 | Programme of museum projects for the Queensland Heritage Trails Network | Managing Director
- Living Ocean International | $55m | 2002-03 | Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, People’s Republic of China | Managing Director